Monday: Tonight we’re having Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole. Xander helped me make it this morning! Can you believe it’s not even 10 AM and we’ve got dinner pretty much done for the night? Seriously, all we have to do it put it in the oven and it’ll be ready! We followed this recipe for the casserole, and because I didn’t have any Cream of Chicken soup I followed this recipe for that. Super easy and start to finish everything was done (including boiling rice and cleaning the kitchen!!) in less than an hour! Definitely something we’ll be doing again! (I’m pretty sure it freezes well also, so I’ll probably make a few and keep them in the freezer for after baby #2 is born!)
Tuesday: Hot Dish–See the recipe below.
Wednesday: “No Cook Night”–we’ll either go out to eat, or have leftovers.
Thursday: Crock Pot Ham with Baked Sweet Potatoes
Friday: Chef Salad using leftover ham
Saturday: Chicken Enchiladas
Sunday: Carnitas with Spanish Rice and Beans
Hot Dish is something that my Pawpaw made for us when my sisters and I stayed with our grandparents one summer in Corpus Christi. It’s super fast and easy, and my two-year old sister LOVED it. I’ve changed it up a bit–as we don’t buy ground beef often and I like to include lots more veggies to up the nutrition.
12-16 oz macaroni noodles
1-lb ground turkey (or beef!)
2 T Minced Garlic
1 Chopped Bell Pepper
2 Carrots, shredded
1 package sliced mushrooms (sautéed if you’re Super Mom, but they’ll cook in the sauce otherwise)
2 cups Broccoli Cuts
2-3 cups marinara sauce (You can use a jar but I usually make my own!)
1 T Garlic Salt
Red Pepper Flakes to taste
1. Prepare noodles according to package then drain.
2. While noodles are cooking brown your meat, or in my case just cook it as turkey doesn’t really get brown!
3. Add chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms and broccoli cuts to meat along with marinara sauce. Let simmer.
4. Combine noodles and sauce in large pot. Mix well.
5. Serve with red pepper flakes and shredded cheese if you’d like. Goes great with french bread too!