I think I’ve mentioned before that I feel super behind as far as this baby goes. It was MUCH earlier in the pregnancy with Xander that we had a name picked out, as well as his room decor decided on at least, etc. Well.. We HAVE decided on a name, and the room decor has finally been decided! For his room we’re going with a nautical/red white and blue theme. His room is still a bit of a nightmare for me–and I’ve started working on it believe it or not! But between feeling sick the last week, and Paul working nights leaving me to entertain (quietly) a busy little boy the room is very VERY slow to come together!
I will say that Paul had a couple of days off work last week and we knocked a few things out, including this cute little rocking chair!! I paid $10 or $15 for it at a garage sale, and even factoring in the two cans of spray paint, it cost less than $20 to refinish! I sanded it down and Paul painted it and then we brought it back into the nursery/office/sewing room.
I used this tutorial for the crib sheet, and then just made the “quilt” based on the dimensions of the crib batting I ordered online. I did both projects in one day! (Of course I have to add that Paul was off so he kept X busy so that I could have some “me time” to knock both projects out!)
What’s left to do in the nursery?
- I need to wash all the bedding and all the baby toys that Xander hasn’t used in months.
- I have an “art project” for Xander and myself. I just need to pick up some cheap picture frames before we start it! I’m really excited about it and hope it comes out as I’m envisioning it.
- I need to make a couple of throw pillows for the rocking chair, and possibly make a new cover for the boppy depending on my fabric stash–I’d like to add more stuffing to it but that isn’t at the top of the list right now since I’ll have to pick a seam and then resew the pillow by hand which I’m not very good at doing because of my thumb.
- The tubs in front of the closet need to go to storage. They’re full of size 6 months+ clothes that Xander has outgrown. This is huge benefit in having two boys close together–baby #2 won’t NEED much as far as clothing goes! I have already organized and washed all the Newborn to 3 month clothing, which is a huge task because Xander had a LOT of clothes!
- I need to organize all of our “office” junk as well as my sewing stuff. Both of these tasks leave me completely uninspired so I keep shoving it to the end of the list!
- I keep going back and forth as far as if I want to make curtains or just buy them later on–either way this isn’t at the top of the list either since the baby won’t actually be sleeping in his crib for a while.
Hopefully in the next few weeks I’ll have a MUCH better picture of the nursery to post!