After being here nearly three weeks I can finally say we’re getting back to our “normal” everyday lifestyle. All of the boxes are unpacked–except for one that has clothes that are too small for Xander–and all the rooms are pretty much put together with exception of the baby’s room/office. But even the office side of things is pretty well done. I do need to organize my craft stuff, but anyone with a “creative brain” knows that there are more important things to do than organizing–too bad my husband doesn’t have that same brain, haha!!
Enjoying the sunset at the Marina by our house.
We are back to walking nearly every night after dinner again, and one of my favorite walks is less than two miles round trip, but we get to see the sunset at the marina if we time it just right. And there is also a little diner that has a live band pretty often. Of course with Xander’s love of music the band is a big “plus” for him, so we’ll let him get out of whatever stroller he’s in and he’ll have his own little dance party until it’s time to head back towards the house.
With Key West being a tourist town we always see tons of older vacationers when we go this way and they always tell us how sweet Xander is and to really take it all in because it goes by so fast. I can honestly say that I’m feeling it go by faster and faster lately. I can remember snuggling up on the couch with little man nursing and just watching tv or reading–that doesn’t happen very often anymore, well the nursing part doesn’t happen at all! But now he’s too busy to cuddle with momma lots of times… Just yesterday while I was sitting he went and got the mop and starting mopping the living room and dining room like he had “helped” me do earlier in the day.
Mopping the dining room for me.
Part of our “new normal” has included Xander helping out a lot more. I know he’s still a baby, but he really wants to help me do things so I’m letting him. My mom reminded me yesterday that he isn’t going to want to help in about 10 or so years so I’m taking full advantage of his eagerness now. His “chores” include carrying Allie’s dog food over to its spot while I carry the water bowl, helping load and unload the washing machine and dryer, and “helping” sweep–this one is more to keep him busy while I sweep, he basically just bangs the dustpan on the floor until I’m ready to sweep the dirt into it.
Helping me make dinner.
He also thinks it’s his job to help me make dinner. Which to tell the truth I enjoy about 90% of the time. The other 10% I’m scared he’s going to grab onto something he’s not supposed to have and burn himself. BUT, so far so good. The picture above we’re making “pumpkin biscuits” to go with our breakfast for dinner. We all loved them by the way, we just won’t be adding ANY cayenne pepper next time. It’d be good for more savory meals, but with breakfast it was just too much spice–and we like spicy around here!
30 weeks down, 10ish to go.
Not only is Xander growing up too fast, but this pregnancy is going by too fast also. According to the average pregnancy I’m 3/4 of the way done… According to when Xander was born I’ve got less than two months to go! I haven’t decided how we’re going to decorate the nursery or anything else for that matter! So other than being a little stressed about that, I’m trying to enjoy these last few weeks with the baby INSIDE of me, instead of outside of me–because all my mom friends know how we just think pregnancy sleep is bad until we have a newborn. Honestly though, I’m trying to enjoy it just being me and Xander while Paul’s at work before baby #2 gets here–and while X naps and after he’s in bed at night I’ve been looking at Etsy and Pinterest among other sites to get ideas on how to decorate the baby’s room and our office. I did buy a new “toy shelving unit” for Xander’s room, and the one he has now will come into the baby’s room for clothes, etc. Also we ordered some more hangers and the crib mattress. Guess that just leaves a couple sets of sheets and decorations. Oh and of course his own outfit to come home in… I refuse to let him come home in hand-me-downs since he’ll probably be spending the majority of the next 18 years in them!! Haha.